I don't speak Icelandic.


Recently, me and my best friend embarked on out first adventure as young adults to Reykjavik, Iceland. It was lit. 

After getting through Heathrow airport, and trying our first taste of yo sushi (10/10 would highly recommend the chicken), we were on a three hour flight to Keflavik. As the drinking age in Iceland is 20 and we are both yet to reach this charming age, we couldn't get beved on some authentic Icelandic vodka...so we'll just have to go back another time, what a shame....

We didn't have any plans for our first full day so we did some exploring of the city centre. I've been to a few cities in my lifetime however, Reykjavik is by far the quietest city I've ever come across! We found the massive fancy Cathedral and had a look at what coffee and souvenir shops Iceland has to offer- fair to say we were both impressed!





Our second day was spent at the Blue Lagoon, which if you've seen pictures of it, then I can confirm it is 100% just as amazing as it looks. We spent most of our time there lathering the free face masks onto our faces - my face and hair has never been so soft in my entire life!



Our next adventure was a day trip round the Golden Circle, where we saw a tomato farm (random I know; they even sold tomato flavoured ice cream!), the Gulfoss waterfall and Geysir!








The next day was whale watching, where I discovered a new found deep routed fear of the ocean and also remembered how much I dislike boats...and I didn't even see a whale. Still, thats one thing ticked off the bucket list.

Afterwards was a day trip down to South Iceland to see Skogafoss and the black sand beaches at Vik! This was tonnes of fun but we also experienced every form of weather possible - rain, sleet, hail, sunshine, you name it.








The last day of our incredible adventure was spent just wondering around Reykavik, making sure we made the most of everything it had to offer, including Iceland's very own punk rock museum! 
All in all, it was an amazing adventure and I couldn't have asked to spend it with anyone else other than my best friend :*





Until next time, Iceland...

Comments

Popular Posts