21 NOTES FOR FUTURE CJ



Hello lovelies, tonight I'm gonna sit down and write down 21 notes for my future self (for my future self's 21st birthday to be exact).

As we are coming to the end of August and September and all things Halloween and Christmas are upon us, making me 20 years and 7 months old, and still don't have most things figured out but I'm learning. I was feeling inspired after watching some cool YouTube videos like '20 things I've learned before turning 20' and I want to endeavor to create a lil list of thoughts that I can come back and re-read after turning 21.

NOTE NO. 1 
Dear 21-year-old CJ,

you are only 5 months older than the version of me writing this right now but right now I am doing better than I ever have before in most areas of my life and who knows what the rest of my 20th year of life will bring me. So you best be listening here: where you are now is not where you will be forever and that is both a blessing AND a damn shame.

Uni has given you (and is sure to still have some in store) some of the worst times of your life. BUT it has also given you amazing memories and friends. You need to try harder to make the most of your time here before it's over and you're off into the real world.

NOTE NO. 2
I hope by now you've made your mind up on what you're doing a dissertation on. I'm already stressed for you haha.

NOTE NO. 3
I hope the new job is going well and that you're saving that coin. I'm good at saving, I hope you still are as well. I also hope you are still working towards finding what you want to do after you graduate and I hope all the stress and work I'm already putting into that has helped you out.

NOTE NO. 4
I hope that this year you find a way to travel more. Not a bad effort was made this year but before you become an adult with too much responsibility like bills and a big girl job, please see the world a bit more.

NOTE NO. 5
I hope you are doing things you WANT to do and not because it's what everyone else is doing. You gotta do you girl.

NOTE NO. 6
I hope you are still feeling as happy, content and strong as I am now and if you're not. Well, I am/You ARE evidence that it will get better again. Negativity passes eventually.

NOTE NO. 7
Be grateful.

NOTE NO. 8
You find a lot of comfort in music. There's a lot of old jams you will almost definitely forget about in 5 months time. JLS has so many bangers, as you know. 

NOTE NO. 9
I've just realized that I've written a lot of these notes, assuming that in 5 months time you will be back in that terrifying, out of control and helpless mindset that consumed so much of your time in second year. I really do hope and will be working towards proving myself wrong at this point. I believe in you.

NOTE NO. 10
Keep reading. 'Girl, wash your face' by Rachel Hollis is always a good idea.

NOTE NO. 11
Keep writing. Even random shizz like this. 

NOTE NO. 12
I hope you are still working on NOT comparing yourself to others. Others' lives, looks, relationships, EVERYTHING. JUST. STOP.

NOTE NO. 13
Sweetener by Ariana Grande is a bop although I doubt that in 5 months time you'll have forgotten that. But just to be on the safe side, here's a friendly reminder. Go listen to it...now :)

NOTE NO. 14
I'm hoping there's an upcoming trip to London and York soon.

NOTE NO. 15
Use your damn voice.

NOTE NO. 16
I hope you got that tattoo. 

NOTE NO. 17
Going into third year, I want to graduate with a first. There. I admitted it, now I hope I'm making that goal happen. If I'm not then why not? And can I up my game here please, CJ?

NOTE NO. 18
Are you getting any better at pub quizzes? You need to be getting in some practice now so that the CWP quiz team isn't let down next summer.

NOTE NO. 19
It's cool to not have a massive group of friends. You have some amazing people in your life. Don't be closed minded but don't be naive, not everyone gets you and that's chill.

NOTE NO. 20
Apologise for being irritable and in a bad mood around people.

NOTE NO. 21
I'm excited.

Comments

Popular Posts